Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous,bruncher, for Donating to support the site

You've won the game so why keep playing?

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
Bouncey

Re: You've won the game so why keep playing?

Postby Bouncey » June 12th, 2024, 8:25 am

Clitheroekid wrote:
Bouncey wrote:At the age of 70, I'm in the privileged position of having sufficient assets to fund a long and sufficiently prosperous retirement.

So why continue with any equity investment, given the roller coaster ride that can ensue?

I can only speak for myself, but my answer would be "Because it's good fun".

I'm in a similar fortunate position, but I really enjoy the whole process of researching companies and investing in them.

And it's even more enjoyable at this stage of the game as it no longer really matters whether the investment works out or not, other than in terms of personal satisfaction, as it's money that I can afford to lose, whereas 30 years ago I really couldn't.

Ironically, I've made the serendipitous discovery that my overall investment performance is now a lot better than it used to be, and I think it's because although I can now afford to take more risk the incentive to do so - to accelerate the building of that elusive pension pot - is no longer there.

"Because it's good fun"!

I think you've hit the nail on the head, that must be true for a lot of people!

Return to “Investment Strategies”