Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Plinky plonk music

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Novoiceleft
2 Lemon pips

Plinky plonk music

Postby Novoiceleft » March 16th, 2017, 12:41 pm

I'm increasingly unable to watch a growing number of TV programmes because of the trend for annoying Plinky-plonk music in the background - even ostensibly serious programmes are resorting to this. Its the kind of music that was once in cartoons when Jerry the mouse was tip-toeing past a sleeping Tom. Or when a cartoon baby giraffe was taking its first steps in life.

Now this damn music is all over documentaries and dramas - as an attempt to convey haplessness, buffoonery or as a way to try and imply comedy on things that are simply not funny. So we now get now stupid plinky plonk music when the hotel porter is running along the corridor to the guest's room with the missing salt-pot, or the members of the House of Lords on the way to chamber before the divison bell rings, or the 65 year old widower trying to boil his first egg.

Its everywhere .. Aaaarrgghh

NoVoice

orchard101
Lemon Pip

Re: Plinky plonk music

Postby orchard101 » March 16th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

But, what about the non-plonkity music. I like documentaries but stopped watching for a while as I was sick of nearly all of them showing FEET. Feet walking, climbing, turning. (seems to have started again)!

What I hate most of all is the so-called background music routinely played whilst talking is going on. If only there was a magic button which would turn off this most irritating part of documentaries. : :evil:

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Plinky plonk music

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 16th, 2017, 3:44 pm

orchard101 wrote:Agreed, agreed, agreed.

But, what about the non-plonkity music. I like documentaries but stopped watching for a while as I was sick of nearly all of them showing FEET. Feet walking, climbing, turning. (seems to have started again)!
[/quit]
Well, they tried hard to show something more interesting, but had to admit defeet in de end.
What I hate most of all is the so-called background music routinely played whilst talking is going on. If only there was a magic button which would turn off this most irritating part of documentaries. : :evil:

Yep. One can enumerate categories of music:
- On the threshold of hearing, just loud enough to get in the way.
- Just plain ghastly
- Good music: please shut those voices and often other sounds up while it plays
- etc

Return to “Bitter Lemons”