Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

City Of London IT (CTY) - Dividend Declaration

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Peltiq
2 Lemon pips

City Of London IT (CTY) - Dividend Declaration

Postby Peltiq » April 7th, 2017, 5:08 pm

http://www.investegate.co.uk/city-of-lo ... 14068482B/

The Board of The City of London Investment Trust plc announces that a third interim dividend of 4.30p per ordinary share of 25p, in respect of the year ending 30 June 2017, will be paid on Wednesday 31 May 2017 to holders registered at the close of business on 28 April 2017. The Company's shares will go ex-dividend on 27 April 2017.

Every little helps!

Also.........

The Board also intends to pay a fourth interim dividend of 4.30p per share for the year to 30 June 2017. The fourth interim dividend will be declared in July 2017. This would make a total dividend for the year to 30 June 2017 of 16.70p per share, an increase of 5.0% over the previous year.

mattman74
Lemon Pip

Re: City Of London IT (CTY) - Dividend Declaration

Postby mattman74 » April 9th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Very pleased about this.

CTY is one of my major holdings.

A 5% increase is great.

It just trundles along and does its stuff.

Matt

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » April 9th, 2017, 6:43 pm

mattman74 wrote:Very pleased about this.

CTY is one of my major holdings.

A 5% increase is great.

It just trundles along and does its stuff.

Matt

Yep, my joint second largest holding. I found it interesting a little while back listening to Job Curtis. When he was negative on the stocks he spoke about being "underweight" BP and Shell rather than not holding them at all like someone like Woodford would. They were still large holdings even though he spoke of them in no so glowing terms. So he seems to use the FTSE100 as a starting point and adjust over or under weight form there. I guess that's the mindset of a closet tracker. But to me I'm happy with that. Crucially I think CTY's charges (0.35) are appropriate for a closet tracker if it is one. Closer to tracker charges than most open ended funds. In my portfolio I see it as a FTSE100 tracker alternative.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » April 9th, 2017, 7:45 pm

nmdhqbc wrote:[I guess that's the mindset of a closet tracker. But to me I'm happy with that. Crucially I think CTY's charges (0.35) are appropriate for a closet tracker if it is one. Closer to tracker charges than most open ended funds. In my portfolio I see it as a FTSE100 tracker alternative.

Closet tracker? If so, it's got a heck of a tracking error ... and that's capital only, it's also yielded more than the FTSE all along the way too.

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » April 10th, 2017, 9:11 am

mc2fool wrote:Closet tracker? If so, it's got a heck of a tracking error ... and that's capital only, it's also yielded more than the FTSE all along the way too.

I'm not saying it is a tracker but that some criticize some for not being active enough and get all hyperbolic calling them "closet trackers". So that chart shows shows exactly what I'm saying - the strategy works. Admittedly I have no idea how active it is. I'm just using anecdotal evidence. But does that chart really show how far he strayed from the benchmark? Is it called "Active Share" or something that measures that.... 2 mins later... found it below. So I think you can have a comparatively low active share and still get that good performance shown in that chart.

https://woodfordfunds.com/words/blog/ac ... -the-math/

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”