Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Geographical comparison tool

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Leither
Lemon Slice

Geographical comparison tool

Postby Leither » April 25th, 2017, 1:14 pm

I know I've seen a tool (I think on Trustnet) with which you could compare the geographical spread of one or more ITs but I can't find it now. Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Leither.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Geographical comparison tool

Postby Itsallaguess » April 25th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Leither wrote:
I know I've seen a tool (I think on Trustnet) with which you could compare the geographical spread of one or more ITs but I can't find it now. Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Leither.

I think you're talking about the Trustnet 'Beauty Parade' tool.

I've got two Trustnet links bookmarked that will provide this comparison, depending on whether you're looking at Funds or Investment Trusts.

All I do is manually delete the comparison tickers at the end of each URL, and enter the ticker names as necessary, being careful to maintain the relevant ticker pre-markers (F for funds, FIT for Investment Trusts) -

Funds comparison URL - https://www.trustnet.com/Tools/Comparis ... ACDT,FGMTX

Investment Trust comparison URL - https://www.trustnet.com/Tools/Comparis ... MYI,FITCGT

I can never seem to find my way through the Trustnet website to these particular comparison tools, so I book-marked them years ago and I'm glad for the opportunity to post them here so we've got them to reference back to if ever my bookmarks go AWOL! :D

I should probably add that the above links are a lot more useful than just giving the ability to compare Geographical spread, as they compare lots of other very useful information between the funds or investment trusts at the same time, so they might be worth a look for anyone interested who's not seen them before.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
Last edited by Itsallaguess on April 25th, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » April 25th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Morningstar's X-Ray Tool certainly does that, and if you go in via the Investment Trust Screener facility, you can access it without either joining, or even registering for a free trial.

Select 'Investment Trusts' from the main menu, then 'Screen for Investment Trusts' on the IT landing page, then enter your first IT in the 'Search by keyword' (eg PLI), hit 'Search', and then when the search function returns your selection, click the tick box next to 'Perpetual Income & Growth' and hit 'X-Ray'. Bob's your uncle, you're in the X-Ray Tool for free. Only downside is I don't think you can save your subsequent analysis (other than by screenshot, paper and pen etc.) unless someone knows better.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » April 25th, 2017, 1:45 pm

On Trustnet you have to create a portfolio containing the ITs, etc, and then click the tab Analysis then Analyse Asset Allocation. I believe you need to first register an account (free) to do so.

More simply you can go to http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/investm ... fault.aspx, click Performance, tick the ones you are interested in and then click X-Ray.

Leither
Lemon Slice

Postby Leither » April 25th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Excellent, grateful thanks to one & all.

Regards,

Leither.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”