Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

HL Select Income Shares (new fund) and London & St. Lawrence

Closed-end funds and OEICs
27OLiver55

HL Select Income Shares (new fund) and London & St. Lawrence

Postby 27OLiver55 » February 15th, 2017, 11:11 am

With the impending sad demise of LSLI I was looking for a new income home for the capital.
Normally I don't bother with Unit Trusts but thought I'd ' test the water' with HL new issue. In answer to my enquiries - no they didn't issue unit certificates - and yes units could be bought thru another broker in which case a 3% front end charge would be levied. (Are these people needy or greedy?) I did not persue the matter further.
Would any current/recent holders of London & St. Lawrence care to share their thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Oliver

dlp6666

Re: HL Select Income Shares (new fund) and London & St. Lawrence

Postby dlp6666 » February 15th, 2017, 11:42 am

I gave up on dear old LSLI some months ago (perhaps too early, what with recent developments).

What originally appealed - before getting fed up with its lacklustre performance and widening discount - was its diversified 'one stop shop' basket of reputable ITs and its solid yield.

To attempt a comparative replacement, part of the proceeds has gone into SIGT (Seneca Global Income & Growth), in the same AIC sector [worth having a look at its annual accounts to see the wide extent of its multi-asset IT and other investments] and OIEC Jupiter Monthly Income (holding another bunch of decent, mainly income, ITs yielding 4.4% on a monthly basis).

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”