Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous,bruncher, for Donating to support the site

Mason Greenwood - Return to Manchester United - Fan Statement

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Mason Greenwood - Return to Manchester United - Fan Statement

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » August 13th, 2023, 12:24 pm

Source

AiY(D)

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Mason Greenwood - Return to Manchester United - Fan Statement

Postby Itsallaguess » August 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm

And to help provide some balance, given the subject matter....

Female Fans Against Greenwood's Return -

https://twitter.com/FFAGR2023/status/1689908208742068224

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 13th, 2023, 4:58 pm

Has he actually been taken back into the fold? I am afraid that I think the second view from the women supporters is how I view that matter.

Dod

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » August 13th, 2023, 6:28 pm

The statement issued by the female fans is powerful and compelling. Won me over.

Leo

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 13th, 2023, 11:15 pm

I am of the opinion that any decision to take this guy back is playing with fire.
When there is any hint of a problem of this nature, it is all very well taking the view that the individual may have reformed, or may have been misunderstood: the overiding imperative is the health of the club and the safety of staff and players.

Whether he is being treated fairly or unfairly is a relatively minor matter in comparison. MU need to be seen to be doing the right thing.

Arb.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 14th, 2023, 7:33 am

Arborbridge wrote:I am of the opinion that any decision to take this guy back is playing with fire. When there is any hint of a problem of this nature, it is all very well taking the view that the individual may have reformed, or may have been misunderstood: the overiding imperative is the health of the club and the safety of staff and players.

The reason for the existence of a national register of sex offenders is because it is considered that those who have committed crimes of a sexual nature cannot just stop being tempted the way offenders of other types of crimes can. It is an acknowledgement that, short of chemical castration, the possibility of recidivism will always remain.

So taking him back is a known risk no matter how contrite he felt after he got caught.

elkay
Lemon Slice

Postby elkay » August 14th, 2023, 9:51 am

Is he on the national sex offenders reguster.

y0rkiebar
2 Lemon pips

Postby y0rkiebar » August 14th, 2023, 11:10 am

elkay wrote:Is he on the national sex offenders reguster.

No, the CPS discontinued prosecution.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » August 14th, 2023, 11:48 am

Whichever side you agree with there will always be a negative.

The "alleged victim" in this case seems to have given him more than a second chance. I thought that part of being in prison was to reform the character and reintegration into society which goes against permanent exclusion. I'm not sure how preventing him doing his job helps his wife or child although he could be a plumber or HGV driver I suppose.

I don't know how much contact he will have with female fans or players but I'd expect some of the older male players might have a word. I don't know how his own family background plays a part.

Prision is not an option here as he is "innocent until proven guilty" although I do question if the aims of Prision are rarely achieved.

As for chemical castration, does it help focus on football. You might be onto something. :D

elkay
Lemon Slice

Postby elkay » August 14th, 2023, 11:47 pm

y0rkiebar wrote:
elkay wrote:Is he on the national sex offenders reguster.

No, the CPS discontinued prosecution.

Which I think introduces a complexity that some posters have failed to recognise.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » August 16th, 2023, 11:33 am

I don't know how much contact he will have with female fans or players but I'd expect some of the older male players might have a word.

Yes some sound advice along the lines: "don't get caught."

Yes the charges have been dropped but rape is a notoriously difficult charge to prove. Look at the stats.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » August 16th, 2023, 12:38 pm

"don't get caught."

Well I expected something more along the lines of how to treat women in general.

I don't know what his parents taught him or if there is too much peer pressure from youths with too much money at too young an age.

I'm sure his mother can't be proud as for daddy.......

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » August 21st, 2023, 4:58 pm

Mason Greenwood: Manchester United striker will leave club after internal investigation

United said in a statement: "All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.

"It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

AiY(D)

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 25th, 2023, 7:19 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:Mason Greenwood: Manchester United striker will leave club after internal investigation

United said in a statement: "All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.

"It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

AiY(D)

Man U have covered themselves with horsedung over this. Even though eventually apparently doing the "right thing" they did so in a way which compounded their unapologetic and disgraceful behaviour.

Arb.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”