Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Burberry (BRBY)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
vand
Lemon Slice

Burberry (BRBY)

Postby vand » June 28th, 2024, 5:08 pm

Moderator Message:
Split off from here to keep that thread focused on the practical aspects of running an HYP. - Chris

wrt what I write below, please bear in mind differing options are what make a market...

imo I don't really care much for the next trading update. We know it's going to be bad... the market is already pricing that in. The question is is it going to be even worse than expected? If not - if it's merely "poor but not terrible" we could at least see a rally and a bottom put in, maybe even a long term bottom.

Whether or not the divi is sustainable or not, the bigger question in my mind is the qualify of the management as they have showed a huge lack of judgement, engaging in such a large buyback programme and a huge increase in the dividend from 2022-23 and then staring a such a precipitous turn of fortunes merely a year after.. they've destroyed so much shareholder value which to me is the red flag.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Burberry (BRBY)

Postby monabri » June 28th, 2024, 5:50 pm

monabri wrote:I've recently signed up with Sharepad..I see they've pencilled in a dividend reduction from the current 61p ( 2024) to 50.0p, 53.3p and 59.7p ( 2025-27).
Whether this 'comes to pass' ...time will tell.

When UK comes to shareprice, it might be a case of Good news reward versus bad news kick in the chops...?

I meant to say "when it comes to shareprice..."

(I'm reflecting on my somewhat limited experience where good news seems to leads to a small rise in sp but at the mere hint of bad news, the sp takes a beating.)

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Re: Burberry (BRBY)

Postby BullDog » June 28th, 2024, 6:49 pm

monabri wrote:
monabri wrote:I've recently signed up with Sharepad..I see they've pencilled in a dividend reduction from the current 61p ( 2024) to 50.0p, 53.3p and 59.7p ( 2025-27).
Whether this 'comes to pass' ...time will tell.

When UK comes to shareprice, it might be a case of Good news reward versus bad news kick in the chops...?

I meant to say "when it comes to shareprice..."

(I'm reflecting on my somewhat limited experience where good news seems to leads to a small rise in sp but at the mere hint of bad news, the sp takes a beating.)

And sometimes, even good news that's not considered quite good enough sees a share price drop.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”