Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Analyzing IT constituents

Discussions regarding financial software
NotoriousCanary

Analyzing IT constituents

Postby NotoriousCanary » February 6th, 2017, 12:29 pm

I think I saw a message here that suggested there was a website or program that allowed you to analyze multiple Investment Trusts together, to get an overall picture of the distribution of investments

I can't find the message, and I can't find any site that does this.

Can anybody give me a pointer?

Thanks

..NC

GPhelan
Lemon Pip

Re: Analyzing IT constituents

Postby GPhelan » February 6th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Hi NC,
Investment Trust analysis does seem to be a Cinderella function. For all its high fees, Hargreaves Lansdown provides X-Ray analysis of Open ended funds, but not of Investment Trusts.

I have not used it in anger, but Morningstar provides 'Quick X-Ray' on up to 10 Investment Trusts. I found it via the IT Quick Rank facility.
See "http://tools.morningstar.co.uk/uk/cefquickrank/default.aspx?Site=UK&Universe=FCGBR%24%24ALL&LanguageId=en-GB"
You select the ITs you want to include and the percentage of each in your portfolio. The X-Ray gives you the composite sector split, geographical split and top holdings and other information.

It appears to be free (whereas the Open ended fund X-Ray is only available to 'Premium' subscribers). I have a free Morningstar account and was logged in when I tested this out.

Regards Gerard

NotoriousCanary

Postby NotoriousCanary » February 6th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Thanks for those pointers. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I had a quick tryout of the Morningstar site, and thought it was pretty good for a quick overview.

..NC

rgifford

Postby rgifford » February 6th, 2017, 7:23 pm

I have this bookmark from earlier posts but haven't actually used the site. It will hopefully prove useful.

https://www.trustnet.com/

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”