Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous,bruncher, for Donating to support the site

Disappointed in Albion

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Disappointed in Albion

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 25th, 2024, 12:44 am

As a holder of Crown Place and (especially) Kings Arms Yard VCTs, those splendidly evocative names were a small part of their attraction. Now Albion have only gone and renamed them to something very boring :x

How much are these name changes costing us?

londoninvestor
2 Lemon pips

Re: Disappointed in Albion

Postby londoninvestor » June 25th, 2024, 9:49 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:As a holder of Crown Place and (especially) Kings Arms Yard VCTs, those splendidly evocative names were a small part of their attraction. Now Albion have only gone and renamed them to something very boring :x

Is it a prelude to some mergers?

I don't hold any of the Albions anymore, so it's purely an armchair interest. But I think given the rule changes that prevented new asset-backed investments, all of them have basically the same investment policy and only AAVC has significant asset-backed remnants in its portfolio. No need to keep 6 separate VCTs maybe?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 25th, 2024, 12:52 pm

londoninvestor wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:As a holder of Crown Place and (especially) Kings Arms Yard VCTs, those splendidly evocative names were a small part of their attraction. Now Albion have only gone and renamed them to something very boring :x

Is it a prelude to some mergers?

That would seem somewhat strange. Merging CRWN and KAY into their higher-management-charges peers would've got rid of the nice names at a stroke.

Kidman
Lemon Slice

Postby Kidman » June 25th, 2024, 2:47 pm

I sold both of them years ago so am not affected by the change but otherwise I would have been annoyed.

When I complained to one investment trust about a name change they told me that the cost was not significant, but to me, as a shareholder, it is a nuisance. Remembering a trail of names when gathering certificates together, comparing dividends over time, finding annual reports etc.

I would prefer ITs and VCTs to have their own 'neutral' name so they can change manager without changing the name to reflect the new manager.

In this case I suspect someone new to Albion has dictated a new corporate branding policy and the directors nodded agreement.
As a cynic, I wonder if this cost Albion a couple of lunches and the VCTs will bear the administrative costs?

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”