Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Protective award claims

including wills and probate
Scott0966

Protective award claims

Postby Scott0966 » March 2nd, 2023, 9:58 pm

My ex employer went into administration this week leaving around 70 staff redundant. It was announced late afternoon in a staff meeting and we all made redundant the same day. The administrators have pointed us in the direction of the statutory payments and people are going through that process.

In addition, we've been approached as a group by various lawyers offering to submit a protective award claim on our behalf (no win no fee, subject to their cut). I wondered what people's knowledge and experience of this was along with any useful advice of course!

Scott

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Re: Protective award claims

Postby pochisoldi » March 3rd, 2023, 5:58 am

Go to the ACAS website for more info.
Check your household insurance - does it have legal cover?

Personally, if my claim consisted of nothing more than:
Unpaid wages
Unpaid notice
Unpaid redundancy (noting that it will be no more than the statutory rate)
Unpaid expenses
I would DIY it.

Note that if the company has little or no money, the worst case is that the Insolvency service picks up the tab for the bare minimum, and the.circling vultures/lawyers will be taking their share of a payout that would be paid out anyway with the right paperwork.

If there's a large group of you, club together to buy legal advice that each of you can act on individually. Two hours at say £350 divided by 35 of you comes to £20 a head - bargain.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”