Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

School duty of care

including wills and probate
melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: School duty of care

Postby melonfool » February 19th, 2017, 4:48 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
It sounds as if your company assistant falls into the 'obstinacy and general stupidity' category. But at least you've cleared that one up.

RC.

Wow, that's unpleasant. No, she's just 24 and in her first job, she is neither stupid nor obstinate. I assume someone told her to say that or she overheard someone else saying it. She was fine with me asking her to say something different.

Mel

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » February 19th, 2017, 5:14 pm

melonfool wrote:
ReformedCharacter wrote:
It sounds as if your company assistant falls into the 'obstinacy and general stupidity' category. But at least you've cleared that one up.

RC.

Wow, that's unpleasant. No, she's just 24 and in her first job, she is neither stupid nor obstinate. I assume someone told her to say that or she overheard someone else saying it. She was fine with me asking her to say something different.

Mel

No, I wasn't commenting on your assistant personally, perhaps if I had written It sounds as if your example of your company assistant falls into the 'obstinacy and general stupidity' category it would have made it clearer. When I get that sort of response from someone, I blame the company not the individual because, as you suggest, 'someone told her to say that or she overheard someone else saying it'.

RC

foundone
Lemon Pip

Postby foundone » February 24th, 2017, 11:14 pm

It's an interesting debate about the DPA and security. People tend to take completely opposite views on it. I tend to feel that using photographs and fingerprints just to provide a meal service is overkill and there should be absolute confidentiality. At one company I worked at the IT staff would often browse through the Security ID photos folder to see who could find the hottest/weirdest staff photos.

Photography of children is an entirely different debate and as a keen photographer I'm glad I lived through a more innocent age.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » February 25th, 2017, 12:52 pm

foundone wrote:Photography of children is an entirely different debate and as a keen photographer I'm glad I lived through a more innocent age.

Im sure many of feel similarly.

Even at childrens' parties and church picnics no-one seems sure any longer whether to risk someone else's child slipping into an innocent picture of their children, to say nothing of group photographs. O tempora o mores!

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”