Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to DrFfybes,smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

late delivery refund

including wills and probate
KM01

late delivery refund

Postby KM01 » January 29th, 2023, 5:11 pm

Hi everyone,

can anyone give me their thoughts on a late delivery refund question? I bought a suitcase online from House of Fraser, and paid for next day delivery because I was going away 2 days after. It didn’t arrive so I went out and bought another one. The suitcase arrived the day after we left, was dumped by Evri in our recycling bin, and deemed delivered. It sat there for several days and we retrieved it when we got back.

The day after the suitcase failed to arrive I informed House of Fraser Customer Services that I no longer wanted it as I had had to buy another one. They said I would have to wait for it to arrive and then return it and I told them that we would not be there to take delivery.

Now we are back, I will return the suitcase but I expect House of Fraser to pay my return postage costs as I informed them I no longer needed the item 2 days before it arrived. They say they will refund the cost of the suitcase and the original delivery charge but not the return postage.

Am I within my rights to request a refund of the return postage? I informed them that the item wasn’t needed at all as it hadn’t arrived on time and it seems unreasonable now to have to pay to return it when they didn’t fulfil the next day delivery contract.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: late delivery refund

Postby pje16 » January 29th, 2023, 5:19 pm

Yes, go for it
you paid got a service you didn't get
Tell them about Evri as they may not know what a bunch of cowboys they seem to be

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: late delivery refund

Postby mc2fool » January 29th, 2023, 5:46 pm

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”