Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to smokey01,bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous,bruncher, for Donating to support the site

JungleDoge- A growing trend in the DOGE narrative

How to buy, profit and invest in crypto currencies or NFTs
Shanotejie18

JungleDoge- A growing trend in the DOGE narrative

Postby Shanotejie18 » June 4th, 2024, 9:33 pm

Dog themed memecoin ecosystem has expanded significantly since the early days of the pioneer DOGE. While we’ve seen a good number of projects spring up under this narrative, it appears we haven’t seen the last of it yet.

JungleDoge, a fast-growing trend has surfaced with a unique concept, distinguishing itself from all doge projects. Founded by the Lead Engineer of the top Dogecoin Wallet, Jordan Jefferson, who is also involved in AI and Tesla projects. The Dogecoin team has been vocal with their support and it perhaps has Elon Musk's endorsement.

JungleDoge consists of Doges living in the jungle of MEME isLand, united to forge a sanctuary of sincerity and bravery in the wilderness as they strive to stand out free in their own paradise.

If $JUNGLE could well exhibit this traits and replicate the success of $DOGE, the community is about to find out as it gears to launch on Bitget.

Fade or ape in?

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Re: JungleDoge- A growing trend in the DOGE narrative

Postby Urbandreamer » June 4th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Sorry.

I'm interested in and use bitcoin.
Interested in Monero, but have never used it.

Not planning to speculate upon the popularity of dogs, or tulips. Historically both have made some money, but there is not enough "form" for me to judge bets.

I'll stick P&L accounts etc for companies, and money supply/use for crypto.

Shanotejie18

Postby Shanotejie18 » June 4th, 2024, 10:14 pm

Urbandreamer wrote:Sorry.

Not planning to speculate upon the popularity of dogs, or tulips. Historically both have made some money, but there is not enough "form" for me to judge bets.

You are absolutely right. Regardless of the market, there are always opportunities for profit; it all depends on how you operate. For example, when trading BTC, who could have predicted it would rise above 70,000? So, making good decisions is the key.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » June 4th, 2024, 10:43 pm

Shanotejie18 wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:Sorry.

You are absolutely right. Regardless of the market, there are always opportunities for profit; it all depends on how you operate. For example, when trading BTC, who could have predicted it would rise above 70,000? So, making good decisions is the key.

I'm late to bitcoin. However we obviously view bitcoin differently. I spent £8 of BTC at my local supermarket today. I'm using it a money when I want to.
Gold or bitcoin does not GENERATE wealth.
Speculation is a different subject.

Shanotejie18

Postby Shanotejie18 » June 5th, 2024, 10:23 am

Urbandreamer wrote:
Shanotejie18 wrote:

I'm late to bitcoin. However we obviously view bitcoin differently. I spent £8 of BTC at my local supermarket today. I'm using it a money when I want to.

When did you first get involved with BTC? It's not accurate to say that it can't create wealth; some people have indeed made money from market movements.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » June 5th, 2024, 11:06 am

Shanotejie18 wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:

When did you first get involved with BTC? It's not accurate to say that it can't create wealth; some people have indeed made money from market movements.

As I said, speculation (trading) is a different matter. Nothing wrong with speculating, but it isn't investing.

I've invested in the stock market for decades so my first involvement with BTC was very TradFi. I bought some through PayPall back in 2022. This was to gain skin in the game and force me to learn more.
I soon realized my mistake and opened an account with FTX in March 2023.
I had learned enough to not keep large sums on the exchange but had just bought £200 worth of BTC when they closed down.

I currently use Coinbase, who have a debit card. I'm looking to move towards a "bitcoin standard". I intend to create a post on the subject when I have a few months of experience to report. It's too early for me to have much to say on that subject yet.

Shanotejie18

Postby Shanotejie18 » June 5th, 2024, 11:21 am

Urbandreamer wrote:
Shanotejie18 wrote:When did you first get involved with BTC? It's not accurate to say that it can't create wealth; some people have indeed made money from market movements.

As I said, speculation (trading) is a different matter. Nothing wrong with speculating, but it isn't investing.

I've invested in the stock market for decades so my first involvement with BTC was very TradFi. I bought some through PayPall back in 2022. This was to gain skin in the game and force me to learn more.
I soon realized my mistake and opened an account with FTX in March 2023.
I had learned enough to not keep large sums on the exchange but had just bought £200 worth of BTC when they closed down.

I currently use Coinbase, who have a debit card. I'm looking to move towards a "bitcoin standard". I intend to create a post on the subject when I have a few months of experience to report. It's too early for me to have much to say on that subject yet.

Currently, the trend for BTC is quite positive, and recently, BlackRock is pushing for an Ethereum ETF. This could shift investor focus towards boosting digital currencies. So, your idea of shifting to cryptocurrency trading is a good one.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » June 6th, 2024, 12:40 am

Urbandreamer wrote:I spent £8 of BTC at my local supermarket today. I'm using it a money when I want to.

I'm intrigued now. Do you mean you spent £8 in the supermarket but funded it behind the scenes by cashing in some BTC? Or the supermarket sells stuff priced in BTC and accepts BTC directly at the till?

Was this a major chain supermarket? Which one?

I'm getting déjà vu now. I think we've had this sort of convo before.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » June 6th, 2024, 6:34 am

Mike4 wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:I spent £8 of BTC at my local supermarket today. I'm using it a money when I want to.

I'm intrigued now. Do you mean you spent £8 in the supermarket but funded it behind the scenes by cashing in some BTC? Or the supermarket sells stuff priced in BTC and accepts BTC directly at the till?

I have mentioned it before in a discussion upon what currency IS.

The supermarket was Aldi, who do not accept BTC or Euro's in this country. They do however accept VISA, MasterCard etc.

On one day I paid using my MBNA credit card. I was loaned £'s to pay and at the end of the month £'s were deducted from my bank account.
The following day I paid using my Coinbase debit card. Aldi received £'s into their bank account, but my Coinbase account was debited BTC.
Both transactions were contactless and as quick.

It's really little different from having a Euro or USD bank account and debit card.

I have paid using BTC over lightning, but acceptance is not common in this country. You scan a QR code using your lightning wallet to pay.
The BTC Map application or website can show places that accept BTC.

Few places price in BTC, as the exchange rate changes too fast to have dual pricing and they don't want to discriminate against those who wish to pay in Fiat. I believe that this is true even in El Salvador, where the quoted prices are in USD.

Ps, I have used the card a number of times, but not enough yet to justify starting a thread.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » June 6th, 2024, 7:01 am

Mike4 wrote:

It's either a derivative (i.e. neither on The Blockchain nor Trustless) or he's literally changing his BTC into pounds sterling. There is ZERO chance this is a blockchain-recorded BTC transaction with the store and less than zero chance the goods were priced in BTC.

Agree, it's tedious to be having this conversation AGAIN, twelve years after it was obvious bitcoin itself without breaking it's USPs would never be used as an everyday currency.

GS
P.S. I've reported the shady-looking newbie. As usual Mods give no indication anything will happen but maybe they block the user behind the scenes or something.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » June 6th, 2024, 7:21 am

GoSeigen wrote:P.S. I've reported the shady-looking newbie. As usual Mods give no indication anything will happen but maybe they block the user behind the scenes or something.

And I asked the mods why a post on this board had been removed. Apparently someone claimed that it might be spam.
viewtopic.php?p=667519#p667519

Interestingly, given your comments about derivatives that post was on SelfCustody.

Really GS. I know that you dislike crypto, and I confess to being no fan of DogeCoin, but are you really trying to block all new users who are interested in stuff different than you? We do need some new users to replace those who have left because they don't like the fact that some existing users want to talk UK election rather than picking shares.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » June 6th, 2024, 10:50 am

Urbandreamer wrote:
Mike4 wrote:

The supermarket was Aldi, who do not accept BTC or Euro's in this country. They do however accept VISA, MasterCard etc.

On one day I paid using my MBNA credit card. I was loaned £'s to pay and at the end of the month £'s were deducted from my bank account.
The following day I paid using my Coinbase debit card. Aldi received £'s into their bank account, but my Coinbase account was debited BTC.

It's really little different from having a Euro or USD bank account and debit card.

I have paid using BTC over lightning, but acceptance is not common in this country. You scan a QR code using your lightning wallet to pay.

Few places price in BTC, as the exchange rate changes too fast to have dual pricing and they don't want to discriminate against those who wish to pay in Fiat. I believe that this is true even in El Salvador, where the quoted prices are in USD.

Ps, I have used the card a number of times, but not enough yet to justify starting a thread.

Thanks. So as far as Aldi is concerned, you paid in Sterling.

You borrowed the Sterling and later exchanged some BTC into £ to settle the debt, it appears to me.

No matter how slick the process, this doew not look to me like using BTC directly as a currency!

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » June 6th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Urbandreamer wrote:I personally like self-custody

A often overlooked factor. Has its own distinct risks/benefits and historically has seen high popularity at times - typically when banks become untrusted and/or confiscations are occurring such as via punitive/unfair taxation policies.

Thirds each US$, gold, hard Pounds, invest the US$ in US stocks ... is a broad inflation offset, supported 30 years 3.33% SWR (return of your inflation adjusted money via installments) pretty much always in the US (since WW2), UK (since WW1), Japan (since 1972 data limit), Canada (since 1970 data limit) ... when for those other countries the Pounds are substituted with domestic hard currency.

Fundamentally stock prices broadly tend to rise with inflation, and additionally pay a dividend that in itself tends to negate inflation, a 2i reward expectancy holding/asset (twice inflation reward expectancy), gold is +i, hard cash is -i, thirds of each = i overall, whilst having two thirds of value in-hand (self custody of Pounds and ounces of gold) and where stocks can be liquidated in T+2 time (couple of days to have stock sale proceeds available to be withdrawn/transferred).

IBKR (brokerage) is one if not the most cost effective means to convert between currencies.

Spend using a credit card, each month settle that bill by selling/using whichever of the three is the most-up at the time (above 33.3% weighting). Bad case ended with 0% left, median case ended with 25% inflation adjusted still remaining at the end of 30 years. Supplement that by lumping into a US stock accumulation fund and historically that accumulated a 5x 30 year gain factor, i.e. 0.2 (20%) initially dropped into that and just left as-is rose to 1.0 (100%) - so combined with the above drawdown/spend in the median case you ended the 30 years with the same as at the start in inflation adjusted terms.

Rather than buy and hold of the US stock, some opt to trade, dip in/out of the market with their £/$/gold in-hand capital. Becomes more a FX gameplay where capital seeks out relative geopolitical safety (anti punitive taxation) and investment opportunities as/when they appear during the 30 years. Spreadbet type 'brokerage'.

It's easy to improve upon those figures if you don't mind some/periodic out-of-hand, such as dropping hard £'s into cash deposits/Gilts/whatever. If your setup provides a indicator of what price/how much gold you might sell at a particular price/value then gold also can yield income (such as via Traded Options, writing/selling to the amount/price that you would sell anyway for the cost-of-carry (time value interest)).

Fundamentally the UK/Pound is broadly/largely a losing play, its Parliament repeated yo-yo between Con/Lab is just a liability. Mostly keep capital in non Pounds that are less inclined to be depreciated (inflated away). Some Pounds is reasonable - for the times when the Pound does actually do OK/well.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » June 6th, 2024, 1:25 pm

Mike4 wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:

Thanks. So as far as Aldi is concerned, you paid in Sterling.

You borrowed the Sterling and later exchanged some BTC into £ to settle the debt, it appears to me.

No matter how slick the process, this doew not look to me like using BTC directly as a currency!

I hesitate to ask, but did you read what I wrote?

I NEVER used the word "directly". Indeed I would have thought that the sentence "It's really little different from having a Euro or USD bank account and debit card" would indicate exactly the opposite.

For those who do not know, Aldi is a German supermarket chain that does not "directly" accept Euro's in the UK, though they do in Germany.

The sentence "It's really little different from having a Euro or USD bank account and debit card" would also indicate that the payment was not peer to peer and that a custodian was involved. Just for the likes of GS, who think that BTC can only be used non-custodially.

Finally the point of a "debit" card is that you have to have funds for the transaction to go through. NO £'s were borrowed on the DEBIT card.

I suspect that Coinbase swapped the bitcoin from my account with funds being used to purchase bitcoin in another account. Certainly when I have purchased BTC on Coinbase I have sometimes seen it recorded as more than one transaction. Some of which were very small.

Return to “Crypto and NFTs”