Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bungeejumper,stockton,Anonymous,bruncher,niord, for Donating to support the site

Introduce Yourself and/or Ask About the Site

Shanotejie18

Re: Introduce Yourself and/or Ask About the Site

Postby Shanotejie18 » June 6th, 2024, 2:56 pm

csearle wrote:
Shanotejie18 wrote:I am a veteran investor with nearly 15 years of experience in the investment industry.
I'd argue that 15 years is only barely longer than short-term rather than veteran. How did you discover TLF? C.

Perhaps 15 years is a bit long for me, so I'll focus on learning more in the future. I started using TLF on a friend's recommendation because I wanted to join this community and learn about global macroeconomics.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » June 6th, 2024, 3:34 pm

Shanotejie18 wrote:
csearle wrote:I'd argue that 15 years is only barely longer than short-term rather than veteran. How did you discover TLF? C.

Perhaps 15 years is a bit long for me, so I'll focus on learning more in the future. I started using TLF on a friend's recommendation because I wanted to join this community and learn about global macroeconomics.
Great, well have fun. Maybe if you haven't seen it already you could look here...

viewforum.php?f=76

C.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » June 6th, 2024, 5:35 pm

csearle wrote:
GoSeigen wrote:Really?

The Lemon Fool Moderators are looking forward to reading AI drivel about JungleDoge and Indian market panic indexes??
We recently received great criticism from users about being too brusque and unwelcoming to a user, that turned out later to be an AI (robertbanking). So now we are being polite and trying to postpone the deletions/bans until certain hallmarks of humanity are consistently absent. C.

How are users supposed to know that this is what the Mods are doing? Is a Mod fawning over a new user supposed to be a hint for everyone else??

And how long does this assessment of humanity take, are thirteen posts not enough?

And why would a mod direct such a new user to a discussion board where he/she/it has already started two new threads?

I wouldn't want to get the impression that they are just making things up as they go along...

GS

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » June 6th, 2024, 8:16 pm

GoSeigen wrote:How are users supposed to know that this is what the Mods are doing? Is a Mod fawning over a new user supposed to be a hint for everyone else??
They are not supposed to know (or not know). And, you'd need to ask the moderator in question but I suspect not.

GoSeigen wrote:And how long does this assessment of humanity take, are thirteen posts not enough?
It varies depending upon the responses. We have no hard and fast rules. It is also a bit of a judgement call, which would be bad if we got wrong.

GoSeigen wrote:And why would a mod direct such a new user to a discussion board where he/she/it has already started two new threads?
Perhaps because the mod was just trying to be helpful without wasting his day scanning through a board on the off-chance the advice wasn't needed? But possibly also to elicit a response to better make the aforementioned judgement call?

GoSeigen wrote:I wouldn't want to get the impression that they are just making things up as they go along...
Heaven forbid, no. We've had years of training on how to differentiate between humans and AIs.

Saintie

Postby Saintie » June 9th, 2024, 10:21 am

tjh290633 wrote:Welcome to Lemon Fool, Saintie.

Hopefully you will find topics relevant to your own thoughts. Personally I am an advocate of the HYP approach to investing, which has served me well over 30-odd years.

TJH

Thank you for the welcome.
Straight away I am googling and trying to work out how you can easily list the top high yielding shares from FTSE 100 or even FTSE 250. What tool would I use (hopefully something simple and free) to identify these companies?

Saintie
Last edited by csearle on June 9th, 2024, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To improve the quote

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 9th, 2024, 11:26 am

Saintie wrote:

Hopefully you will find topics relevant to your own thoughts. Personally I am an advocate of the HYP approach to investing, which has served me well over 30-odd years.

TJH

Straight away I am googling and trying to work out how you can easily list the top high yielding shares from FTSE 100 or even FTSE 250. What tool would I use (hopefully something simple and free) to identify these companies?

Saintie

Have a look at this: https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... se350.html

--kiloran

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » June 9th, 2024, 2:02 pm

Saintie wrote:

TJH

Saintie

Straight away I would ask yourself what you mean, and want, from the word yield? And why? (This isn't the correct place to answer - but arriving at that answer will help you immeasurably in achieving what you are looking for.)

Welcome to the site.

chris65

Postby chris65 » June 14th, 2024, 4:53 pm

Hello, I found this site via the following thread titled "candle heating £215.." It was grey and miserable last night so I was wondering how many watts of heat a candle produced. I manage the wife's and my savings/ investments so the site seemed useful to join.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 14th, 2024, 7:28 pm

chris65 wrote:Hello, I found this site via the following thread titled "candle heating £215.." It was grey and miserable last night so I was wondering how many watts of heat a candle produced. I manage the wife's and my savings/ investments so the site seemed useful to join.

Glad that you found us, Chris. I hope that you find us useful. We are an odd mixture of types, as you will no doubt find out.

TJH

GeorgeDaniel

Postby GeorgeDaniel » June 24th, 2024, 11:20 am

Hello fellows,

I am newbie here from UAE

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 24th, 2024, 3:04 pm

Welcome George, hope you find us useful.

TJH

GeorgeDaniel wrote:Hello fellows,

I am newbie here from UAE

Return to “Welcome to the Lemon Fool (TLF)”